Winter Blues

Can they be called winter blues if it’s 70 degrees and sunny out? I’m not convinced but I have no other adjective for what I’m feeling right now so let’s just roll with it. Things are just off. I know 90% of what I’m feeling is due to work and the other 10% is my normal winter and short day glumness but it doesn’t make things any easier to deal with. So I’m trying to focus on the positive.

wp-1484828618662.jpg

Like, that I am getting a fancy new helmet and it is arriving today… and not the reasons behind why I am getting a new helmet (suffice it to say, the story is gross and I never want to think about it again let alone write about it here).

wp-1484828548101.jpg

Or the fact that, while I am in love with my new saddle, it now means I have to spend a lot of money on new saddle pads, a new girth, new stirrup leathers, and a black bridle. I love buying new things. I don’t love paying the bills!

wp-1484828572552.jpg

I sent my entry for Poplar in this morning and I am so excited to get showing again. It feels like forever since we ran at Chatt Hills and I know that Gus and I are in a much better spot training wise so this should be fun. Plus, Hillary will be there and blogger meet ups are always a blast.

In reality, I have lots of fun things going on so hopefully I’ll snap out of this funk soon. Things at work aren’t great right now but all I can do is take it one day at a time and go visit my pony. At least he doesn’t expect anything from me  but carrots and kisses!