Poor Dandy has just arrived in bootcamp and he is not loving it! We had a fantastic but very difficult jump lesson on Monday where I made leaps and bounds in being able to get Dandy adjustable though I over rode him as we both got tired. Tuesday we jumped right back into it and had a flat lesson where we focused on canter transitions. Dandy was not happy as he was still exhausted from the day before. Well he had to put up with it for at least one more day because he got a training ride with JLE today. Tomorrow we can both finally relax with a nice long hack.
But, in the mean time, thanks to Karley at All In for nominating me for the Liebster blow award. Unfortunately since I’m so late to getting to this, all the blogs I read have already been nominated so I’m just going to answer the questions about me.
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
- My name is Lauren. (I don’t think I have ever mentioned that on this blog)
- I was born with a hole in my heart that closed up sometime during my teen years so it’s really not that exciting.
- One of my very best friends, the first time I met her, said to me “Hey I know this guy named Eric. You should marry him.” And I’m pretty sure I’m going to.
- I went to Gonzaga University and learned to love college basketball.
- The first horse I ever had a lesson on made me cry.
- My favorite book is The Second Son Trilogy by Jennifer Fallon (okay, really three books, it’s amazing I could even narrow it down to that!)
- My favorite drink is a Washington Red Apple
- I love doing derivatives
- I have a very bad sweet tooth and almost no willpower. This is not the best combination
- I have taken a pole dancing class and I loved it!
- I’ve never officially broken a bone. (I may have cracked a rib working with horses at camp once but since I never got it looked at I can still say I’ve never been broken)
11 Questions for me:
What would your ideal last meal be? Probably my mom’s home made chicken wild rice soup and freshly baked potato bread. Yum.
Ideal riding outfit? Are we talking showing or schooling? I could probably write a whole post about this either way. Um, to save time I’ll go schooling. My Ariat Heritage breeches in any conservative color, target socks, my Treadstep tall boots, a dark colored polo, belt and helmet. I never get on without my helmet!
If you could go anywhere, all expenses paid- where would you go? Bora Bora!
What are your top 3 musts for a boarding facility? High quality care, at least 8 hours of turnout every day and a quality riding arena (footing, lights, jumps)
What one beverage can’t you live without? Milk. And Jack Daniels.
Dream car? I’m lucky enough to have it already! My F150. Though I wouldn’t say no to upgrading to a F250 when I get a bigger trailer.
Where do you want to go with your riding? Short Answer: Prelim. Long answer: I want to improve every aspect of my riding. I don’t want to max out and I want to keep learning as long as I’m able.
Where do you shop the most for real clothes? The Mall. Eh, there’s not one specific store really. I used to get a lot of things from Macy’s because my mom was a personal shopper there but now that I’m on my own I just do whatever is cute and in my budget.
What do you do to calm your nerves at horse shows? Not really sure. I usually get nervous after I finish my course and fall of my horse. This thing with Dandy has really shaken me up and I haven’t figured out how to deal with it yet.
Favorite bathing products? I hope we’re talking about horses because this could get really awkward!
If you could pick 2 horses off http://www.bigeq.com/ which would they be? This was fun but probably not really good for me as now I’ve seen everything I can’t have! Lol. If I could have any two horses, I’d go with: Lancelot or Skyler
This was a lot of fun! Thanks for nominating me again, Karley. I’ve enjoyed reading all of these I’ve seen around the blogging world. It’s good to get to know you all a bit better.