Hopefully Lauren @ SheMovedtoTexas won’t be too upset that I borrowed her blog name but I thought it was the perfect title to announce my second big news which is that we’re moving to Georgia!
The boy was offered a job that really was too good to pass up and we made the decision a week or so before Christmas. This is going to be a huge change for all of us though I admit that I’m excited to experience Area III.
Some of the cool things about moving to Area III:
– One Day Recognized Events!!!
– Eventing all year around (though I realize most people break in the summer because it’s so hot)
– Being a lot closer to big destination events that I never would have had the chance to go to
– Lots of big time clinicians during the winter months
Things I am sad to leave:
– JLE and our wonderful team up here
– Going to Rebecca Farms is out of the picture
– Dandy Longlegs
I think this is a really good move for our little family. While we do love it here in the Pacific Northwest (and we love JLE), going to Georgia gets both of us closer to our families. It’s also a really great job opportunity for Eric. I’m a little nervous about having to find a new job myself but hopefully I’ll have an easier time of it then I did moving to Nevada (and then to Seattle)! And I’m hoping I can find a larger company to work for.
There are going to be a lot of new challenges coming up for me but I’m excited to meet them head on. And I can’t wait to get this move out of the way so I can start looking for my new partner. The horse variety of course!