Time to see how we did and figure out where to go for June.
May Goals Recap
1. Continue to hack out and work on our relaxation – This ended up being just about all we did but I would say it’s a huge piece of our training. We go out on at least a little hack every ride.
2. Work on halts – Eh, did this a bit… more than the halts we did standing still at the mounting block. So-so success at that…
3. Canter transitions. Canter transitions. Canter transitions – Success! Are they beautiful? No. Are they explosive? 90% of the time no. And in the past two days they have become really nice and relaxed.
4. Start to incorporate pole work into our flat work – Epic failure. We didn’t touch this really.
5. Keep all four shoes on until his next SCHEDULED appointment! – Did I say epic failure for #4? This was our Epic Failure. Oh GusGus.
1. Find a job – This was worked on but it feels like nothing happened. Mainly because nothing really did. I will keep working. And maybe be a little less picky this month.
2. Start contacting eventing trainers in the area – Didn’t happen. I did start dressage lessons though so that kind of counts, yes?
All in all, I’m very very please with how May went. We got a lot of trail/hacking miles on Gus which is probably one of the best things for him right now. I really do want to start putting poles into our work so that will probably be one of the things I focus on this month.
And on to June Goals
1. Continue to hack out and work on our relaxation
2. Stand still at the mounting block consistently
3. Work on rhythm and suppleness in all aspects of our riding
4. Start to incorporate pole work into our flat work
5. Keep all four shoes on until his next SCHEDULED appointment! Which is July 3rd. Please Gus. Please!
1. Find a job!
2. Work on being more quiet with my leg and more forgiving with my elbows