I do not understand why I always seem to need a vacation from my vacations! But seriously, after four days in Philly visiting family, I am ready to just sleep for a week.
June Goals Recap
1. Continue to hack out and work on our relaxation – Total success on this one. We weren’t able to hack out quite as much due to the bugs but we were able to get into the XC field and he was super good.
2. Stand still at the mounting block consistently – Um… well it is getting better… To be fair, he is usually much better, I kind of let him get away with stuff I wouldn’t normally at the show.
3. Work on rhythm and suppleness in all aspects of our riding – Doing great on this. Gotta keep working though. This is a never ending goal.
4. Start to incorporate pole work into our flat work – Didn’t happen.
5. Keep all four shoes on until his next SCHEDULED appointment! Which is July 3rd. Please Gus. Please! – SUCCESS!
1. Find a job! – I don’t even want to talk about this.
2. Work on being more quiet with my leg and more forgiving with my elbows – still a long ways to go but I think there’s improvement.
And on to July Goals
1. Work on our right lead canter and get it more even with our left lead
2. Stand still at the mounting block consistently
3. Work on rhythm and suppleness in all aspects of our riding
4. Start to incorporate pole work into our flat work
5. Lunge on a hill to build up stifle muscles
1. Find a job!
2. Work on being more quiet with my leg and more forgiving with my elbows
3. Be better with posting on this blog. 🙂