Despite the rain, December was a busy but productive month. I feel like I got a lot done even if the goals don’t quite show it.
- Work on ground work with help from New Trainer – We did do some ground work but not with New Trainer and not nearly as much as we needed. Worked on though.
- Include more desensitizing to weekly rides (flags, tarps, gate opening, etc.) – Didn’t do this at all. I still would really like to!
- Reestablish standing still at the mounting block – Yes, got this for now. I have to be diligent to not let this creep back again though.
- Work on getting forward “working trot” instead of up and down “pony trot” earlier in our rides – This one is a huge success. I am finally able to really feel the difference too between just a fast trot and an a baby forward trot.
- Work out three times a week on top of any riding – Fail. Big fail.
- Get out to the barn at last three times a week – Good some weeks, bad others. I don’t like going out in the rain since there are no trails and no cover on the arena (and it’s closed during hard rain).
- Agility training four times a week (can include weekly class) – Failed here again.
- Learn “Look” cue – We got this and it is so helpful!
- Establish contacts – Sort of? We didn’t work with the contact board like we really need to but her contacts are much better in class. We have a clinic to work on these at the end of the week.
- Confirm six weaves from a straight on approach (onside and offside) – I’m not really sure if these are confirmed or not since we only did them during class (which she was amazing at).
- Continue to become part of the pack with 3x weekly walks and group focused play time – Due to a lot of rain, this also fell by the wayside. We need to pick this back up again.
- Find her high value treat – Found. She loves string cheese.
- Introduce to one jumps – Didn’t happen due to rain.
- Introduce to six weaves – See above.
- Go to the groomer – Success! Although she was not allowed to play with the other dogs due to some aggression. Oh Ziva.
- Clean up junk in back yard – We cleaned up a lot but it seems non ending. This is not finished.
- Move upstairs, involves:
- Finish plaster on master bedroom closets – Done!
- Paint closets in master bedroom, spare bedroom, and office – Done!
- Second coat of paint in spare bedroom – Not done.
- Paint master bedroom – Done!
- Finish floors in master bedroom – Done!
- Finish floors in hallway – Mostly done… just need to finish the coat closet.
- Paint crown molding in master bedroom, spare bedroom, and office – Not done.
- Paint windows in master bedroom, spare bedroom, and office – Not done.
- Put doors back on their hinges – Done!
- Get ceilings painted in master bedroom, spare bedroom, office, and hallway – Not done.
- Get baseboards done through out upper level – Not done.
All in all, not bad. I’m actually pretty impressed with the amount we got done on the house. I did the worst on Ziva’s goals so I’ll really have to focus on her in January.
So on to January!
- Four training rides for Gus and four lessons this month for me
- Continue to work on ground work, hopefully with New Trainer
- Get 2017 Show Schedule put together
- Bring lunch to work 3x a week minimum
- Stretch four times a week
- Finish wedding thank yous (yes, I’m terrible!)
- Agility training 4x a week (can include weekly class or clinic)
- Confirm 6 weaves
- Establish contacts
- Work on basic obedience 5x a week
- Continue to integrate with the pack by 3x weekly walks
- If weather gets nicer, introduce to one jumps
- If weather gets nicer, introduce to weaves
- Second coat of paint in spare bedroom
- Paint crown molding in master bedroom, spare bedroom, and office
- Paint windows in master bedroom
- Get closet organizers in
- Get ceilings painted in master bedroom, spare bedroom, office and hallway
- Get baseboards put in upstairs