I also had another project I took on when I went on my vacation. I took a page out of Lauren at SheMovedtoTexas‘ book and decided to bling up one of the inexpensive USG Fly Veils. Last Christmas we all received fly veils with JLE badges on them. I was really touched by the gift but wanted something a bit more exciting. So to the internet I went and found the closest colored bonnet I could find from the USG line. Unfortunately, the closest I could find was this blue one with red cord. Not really what I wanted but I knew I could work with it.
Taking the red cord off was actually really easy. I just used a seam ripper and worked slowly. I was surprised to see what the bonnet looked like without it though.
I don’t have a picture of it, but the worst part was sewing the JLE patch on. It’s thick and I wanted to make it look like it wasn’t sewn on at all. The bling was the easiest, but I had done that before with the orange bonnet so I knew what to expect there.
And finally, after a whole lot of little stitches I had a completed project. I’m so excited about it. It looks great.